May 10th, 2016: Day 3, Tuesday

Getting up at 7 again wasn’t easy. Yet if you want breakfast, you must get up at 7, and you don’t want to miss breakfast. This day was our first sight visit, SGL. We had a presentation and then a tour, and the tour took us into a chem lab at one point. Made me think of where my dad works, when I went in to take your child to work day. SGL is a carbon company, and we got to pick up a car door made of carbon fiber. It was very light but looked really heavy. After that we went to the Grand Hotel. It is a place for refugees and artists, with the rooms’ interior designed by artists. The people there are really nice, and each of the rooms are very different from each other. Our tour guide didn’t know much English and it took him a while to say what he wanted to say. I was impressed however with how his accent wasn’t difficult to understand. He was an interesting guy, and his beard was unlike any beard I’ve seen in America. We also got to have dinner on our own for the first time, yet I had no influence of where we were going, which I actually preferred. We ended up going to a Bavarian restaurant where I had bratwurst and schnitzel. We spent some time hanging out there for a while and went to a few other paces, but didn’t stay out late because we were all tired, and have to get up at 7:30 again. Another long day in the books, and needless to say I was pretty tired. Regardless, I can tell the rest of this trip is going to be a lot of fun and will be full of memories and stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment