May 18th, 2016: Day 11, Wednesday.

Today the first thing that we had to do was presentations, at 5 pm. Lunch was optional, but it was free so I decided to go. We woke up fairly early to get a lot done on our project. By the time lunch rolled around, I was feeling very confident about our presentation and didn’t see much that had to be done. Lunch was at the Mensa at 12, and once again it was better and cheaper than market. After lunch I got changed into my dress clothes for the presentation, and my KUKA group and I practiced presenting many times. We had a 20 minute time constraint, and there was never a practice run when we were under 20 minutes. We couldn’t cut down because everything seemed very important and couldn’t be skipped. When presentations rolled around at five, we were kind of nervous, but being the second group going (alphabetical) we knew we could get it out of the way quickly. I believe our group did very well. There were things we could have improved on, and we did go over by two minutes. All five presentations took over two and a half hours, so we were starving when we left. There was a food court outside the university, and we went there for a quick dinner. Then, with all of the academics out of the way for this trip, we decided to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment